Tuesday, February 19, 2019

A Long Hiatus

This is not an excuse, but an explanation for my absence.

I have been suffering from pain related to Peripheral Neuropathy and chronic Pancreatitis. I take opioids to deal with the pain. I also suffer from depression due to my diminished abilities. It can be difficult adjusting to the speed at which you can accomplish tasks and the ability to complete the task.

There are some things I simply can no longer do. In the event of a zombie apocalypse, I would get eaten due to my inability to run properly. This bums me out!

Pain can really be a pain in the ass, literally! But, the depression caused from the pain may be my biggest obstacle. If you have never suffered from depression it can be difficult to understand. Sadness is the obvious symptom. The worst is not finding joy in things you do.

In my mind I make great plans to write, to tie flies, build rods, go fishing, to draw, take pictures and edit them to list a few. Most times I seem to talk myself out of doing these things and I hate that. Most of my life I enjoyed the simple things such as music, tastes of different food, aromas, sounds, walks, nature, companionship etc...

I have had many ideas for articles floating around in the mushy tissue between my ears for days, turning into months and now years. There is something that has caused me to desire change. I started working at Cabela's as a fly fishing outfitter since last June. The social interaction in a field that I really do love has planted a seed in me. A co-worker has watered that seed with some encouragement and motivation that it is possible to have grand ideas such as writing a book.

So I printed some cards to promote my page. I am very picky and I spent several hours on Vistaprint getting them just the way I like them.


Anyhow, I am back. Hopefully for a long while and I hope that I am able to produce something you may find enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment